How To Help Tornado Victims
Can you imagine watching all of your worldly possessions being blown away? Tornadoes ripped through the country last week and left hundreds without shelter, food, and water in the Midwest. Displaced families and animals need your help. Harrisburg Police Chief Bob Smith said local authorities are still coordinating the best way to accept perishable and monetary donations for relief efforts in Harrisburg, Illinois. There are places to go online to help now!
If you live in the Toledo Area, ISOH/IMPACT are making supply buckets for victims and you can drop off anything from paper products, laundry supplies, tents, blankets, bottled water and much more. No glass items though. Thyese donations may be dropped off at Tireman Auto Service center in Toledo. Large-scale corporate and manufacturing donations can be made by calling ISOH/IMPACT at 419-878-8548, or online at the link below.
Here is a list of ways you can help and contact info if you are able to help in the field as well to the tornado victims:
- Donate to the Red Cross here or You can also call 1-800-RED-CROSS
- Contact your UPS store and see if there is a discount they are offering to ship items.
- Make a $10 donation to The Salvation Army Midland Division serving Missouri and Southern Illinois by texting ARCH to 8088
- Smith directed anyone interested in volunteering with cleanup efforts in the area to call 618-252-3732.
- Team Rubicon Disaster relief
- Salvation Army’s Emergency Disaster Services fund or 1-800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769). or visit www.salvationarmyusa.org, click on their donation pag
- Illinois disaster relief site http://disasterrelief.cc/
- Volunteer Branson Website http://www.volunteerbranson.org/
- Feeding America: Feeding America helps food banks provide food to communities affected by the recent tornadoes. To make a donation to Feeding America, visit its online donation page.
- Donations can be made online at www.isohimpact.org or mailed to the ISOH/IMPACT offices at 25182 W. River Rd., Perrysburg, OH 43551.
You can also go to Facebook here and like the Tornado Victims page to get up to date info on where to donate.
Let’s rally together and help out our fellow American’s in crisis. I would not know what to do if this happened to me and I know there are many people out there in need. The people of Missouri and Illinois have suffered some tragic losses and even $5 can help. As a mom, I know there are parents in desperate need of things like diapers, wipes, and formula to name a few. I will be sending a box of supplies through UPS, and they have graciously donated the packing materials and discounted the shipping 20%. It doesn’t hurt to ask and help out our communities in need.